Thank you to Grace for tagging me in this and I am so excited to share some deets about my makeup! Make sure to go check out Grace’s post and her blog!
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I really don’t. I remember getting a Hello Kitty eyeshadow palette and I used to put the peach shade all over my eye and that’s all I would do except put thick eyeliner and mascara on. I remember buying Natural Collection foundation cause I had no clue what I should have bought at the time.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Lengthening, Volumising, Extra Black. Makes me look like I have lashes on. Not yet, but I hope so!
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
Med-full. I can deal with light-med for daily but if I am going glam, I want that full coverage 😉
4. Favourite high-end brand?
I would probably say Morphe? I don’t know if it’s classed as high-end but I would put it in that category!
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Anastasia Beverley Hills, Too Faced, Benefit, Tarte. I’m a cheap girl and I love my drugstore brands!
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I would probably say it’s a tie between three: Makeup Revolution, Rimmel London or e.l.f. I use all of their products in my daily routine!
7. Do you wear false lashes?
I tried once and it didn’t work. I have sausage fingers so I find it hard to do plus I just can’t understand tutorials on them!
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Lipstick or gloss. I wear makeup a few days of the week so when I don’t wear it, I still wear balm on my lips to make sure they don’t dry out.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
My Morphe palette. It’s the only thing I bought which is what I class “high-end”. I absolutely adore it and I’m scared of using it too much because I don’t want it to run out!
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
If I am running low on something, I will go in for that item and have a look around but if there is something I want desperately, I will buy it.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I like to spend freely and as a student, I really shouldn’t do that. I have gotten more into makeup and I am sorry but I’d rather spend my money on makeup than nights out.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I do! I have my Superdrug and Boots cards!
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Probably eyeshadow palettes. I love them so much and I would buy all of them from Morphe if I could!
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I don’t think so. I like a lot of brands but I tend to prefer non-cruelty brands.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
I actually don’t so I may need to look this up!
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Superdrug. I have bought most of my makeup from there. It’s such a big selection and has all of my favourite drugstore brands in the store!
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I do. I have combination skin, so trying to find products that help my skin is amazing. I don’t have a routine but I do wash my face with a face wash nearly every other night. I know, I know, I should do it every night!
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Probably Lush. It is expensive but I love all of their products!
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
I cannot choose but it would either be Morphe or Makeup Revolution.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I think Tarte. Their packaging and designs are just so beautiful!
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I think Kim Kardashian because Mario does her makeup most of the time.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I don’t think so!
23. 5 Favourite beauty gurus:
- Manny MUA
- Jeffree Star
- Nicol Concilio
- Laura Lee
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I have never used something like that but if it’s 2-in-1, I’m all for it!
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I don’t think so. I think I can go a little overboard on my liner sometimes but I don’t hate it.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I don’t have a primer but I use concealer to set a base for the colours!
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Zero. I normally leave my hair like it is but I recently got some new hairspray and mousse from Eco Cosmetics (Check out my review of it!) and I love it so much!
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
First I prime then do my foundation! If I had colour correcting concealer, I probably would use that!
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I really would. I am getting more and more into makeup and I would love to learn more!
30. What do you love about makeup?
The freedom. It’s so nice to see so many people expressing themselves through makeup and I love the freedom and doing anything you want.
I hope you liked reading more about makeup and I’s relationship! Again, thank you, Grace, for tagging me!
Till Next Time